No everyday carry is complete without the perfect premium keychain accessory. The S3 Series Embrite Glow Fob is the stainless steel version of our unique glow-in-the-dark (GITD) keychain fob, now manufactured with our proprietary Embrite glow pellet. Embrite is the TEC Accessories proprietary glow technology, affording the brightest, longest lasting 'glow-in-the-dark effect available in a tiny, rugged Glow Fob. The pellet is mounted inside a protective stainless steel housing with a uniform bead blasted matte finish.When exposed to sunlight or UV light, the proprietary Embrite pellet will glow for hours... the longer the exposure time and the higher the light intensity, the longer and brighter it will glow. Glow times can last as long as 12 hours! This cutting edge technology will outlast and outshine anything on the market.
Your keys are essential to your everyday routine make them stand out.
TEC-S3 Glow Fob Features:
- Stainless steel construction
- Bead blastedfinish
- Available inyour choice ofstainless steel finish or our exclusive Black Diamond Finish (see"Specifications" tab for details)
- Cutting-edge Embrite technology will outshine anything on the market (up to 12 hours when exposed to sunlight/UV light)
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- Twice as bright as our original glow fobs!
What you get:
- (1) S3 Series Embrite Glow Fob
- (1) 11.1 mm [7/16"] diameter split ring
- (1) Snap clip for attachment to other items
- Packaged in a foam-lined case
The S3 Series Embrite Glow Fob consists of a custom manufactured glow pellet inserted into an outer metal housing for protection and durability.
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Finish: Bead Blasted
- Outside Diameter: 9.0 mm [0.35"]
- Overall Length: 40.0 mm [1.58"]
- Total Assembled Weight: 6.7 grams [.24 oz]
Black Diamond Finish
TECs Black Diamond Finish is a proprietary, nano-composite microlayer, uniquely replicating diamonds low friction, high hardness and superb corrosion resistance. Genuine TEC products with Black Diamond Finish provide an extremelydurable, near-black coating that offers exceptional wear resistance Fine Personal Accessories for Practical Obsessions.
Internal Glow Pellet:
- Proprietary Embrite Compound
- Outside Diameter: 6.35 mm [1/4"]
- Overall Length: 28.6 mm [1-1/8"]
- Glow Color: Green
The process used to provide the desired glow feature is based on a charge/discharge cycle. You must first charge the internal pellet with light, which is then stored and slowly discharged. In order to achieve the best possible results from your unit, please review the following tips regarding light exposure and charging times.
The proprietary Embrite glow pellet is manufactured using a "trade secret" process and the brightest glowing material available anywhere on the planet to ensure we provide the brightest glow pellet possible. The pellet itself charges most effectively when exposed to the UV portion of the light spectrum. Sunlight does an excellent job as a charging source, as well as UV lights and CFL bulbs but the material will also absorb an appreciable charge when exposed to indoor room light. Increased exposure time to a light source will increase the initial brightness of the glow and extend the time the pellet remains glowing.
A pellet that is charged in ordinary sunlight or room light for an extended period will have a noticeable glow when the lights are turned off, and will diminish gradually over the course of several hours. Although the glow intensity will fade considerably over a long duration of time, it is not uncommon to still see a recognizable glow after 8-12 hours, especially with dark-adapted vision. This charging and discharging cycle can be performed an infinite number of times. It is important to note however, that if you view the glow fob in normal room light IT WILL NOT GLOW! It must be dark in order to see the glow effect.
The TEC Glow Fobs are designed to allow easy replacement or exchange of the glow pellet by simply removing the o-ring at the end of the housing. This allows you to change the green glow pellet to one of ouraqua replacement glow pellets.
- Ships to US
- Expected Delivery: Feb 15 - Feb 19
- Returns accepted within 30 days of shipment for orders within the Contiguous US.